Painting Music - Top 10 Albums
Since discovering the iPod I now rarely listen to whole albums while I paint as I just create play lists to suit my mood. But some albums just play well all the way through so I still use them in the studio.
Here's Ten albums that have kept me company during the completion of a painting or two..
- Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love and Hate
Anything by Leonard is good to paint to though.
- Antony and the Johnsons - Antony and the Johnsons
This self titled album is a beauty. Antony Hegarty sings like an angel. All his stuff is good.
- The Cinematic Orchestra - Ma Fleur
Lovely album.. how could you not love this?
- Angus and Julia Stone - A Book Like This
Australian brother and sister duo.
- Eddie Vedder - Music for the Motion Picture Into the Wild
For some reason, this album always makes me want to give away all my possessions and travel. Perhaps it's because I saw the movie.
- Joan Valent - Insula Poetica
Beautifully haunting music.. yum.
- Moby - Go: The Very Best of Moby
I sometimes need a lift in the studio.
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - The Boatman's Call
This album has a habit of taking me back to darker times, so I'm careful how I use it.
- Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions - Bavarian Fruit Bread
Her Mazzy Star albums are nice too.
- PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
I no longer have a working version of this CD but that's because it used to live in my studio.
I really do like a lot of different types of music though. What are your TOP albums that you couldn't live without in the studio? I need some new tunes on my itunes.