I can’t believe how quickly 2013 flew by! I’m glad it has gone though as it was possibly my shittiest year yet. I didn’t paint much of value, I had a pile of family problems, financial problems, health problems, and my dad passed away, so I say good riddance to 2013, you sucked! I’m looking forward to making 2014 a much better year
Just looking back at Art News Blog before I move forward. I finally started posting again in June after a 3 year pause and then I almost stopped posting again in November when my dad was sick, so there’s not much of a year to review, but still, it’s a good way to start the new year.
- A whole bunch of famous artists died during my 3 year pause, Twombly and Freud among them.
- These photographs by Heide Hatry were both gross and gorgeous.
- Amazon started selling art online, but artists shouldn’t get too excited as we still have to go through a bricks and mortar gallery. You won’t take out the middleman without a fight. Here’s a few artworks for sale on Amazon.
- Lessons from child prodigies was a post about the things grown up artists could learn from kids making millions with their art. I mentioned the child painter Iris Halmshaw, the Indian child prodigy Shorya Mahanot and the 10 year old Kieron Williamson.
- Charles Saatchi chokes celebrity chef Nigella Lawson and the couple get a divorce.
- A big blue cock in London’s Trafalgar Square caused a bit of controversy.
- I finally bought myself a “smart” phone and discovered that you could make art with them.
- The Dutch artist Berndnaut Smilde creates these magical clouds and Harper’s Bazaar placed a bunch of famous fashion designers next to them.
- Lady Gaga got naked for Marina Abramovic’s Kickstarter project and raised a whole bunch of cash for her kooky performance center.
- I discovered the crucified children project by Erik Ravelo. They’re awesome.
- Some fun food art, vagina art, tattoo art, 911 art, and my coffee art.
- Paul Koudounaris and his skeletons covered in bling were interesting.
- I had a rant about shit art and who bothers to collect it!
- The Australian billionaire miner Gina Rinehart had a rant about art and giving prisoners the option to buy their freedom.
- An image of a destroyed Sunflower painting by Vincent van Gogh resurfaced.
- I found some really weird taxidermy.
- Here’s some awesome paintings by the artist Lyle Carbajal. Love his work.
- Damien Hirst went big in Qatar.
- Who doesn’t like photographs of dogs?
- Psychopaths George W Bush and Paul Bremer are both painters now. I also had a rant about the retarded comments on the George Bush post. I’m convinced all rabid statists suffer from stockholm syndrome.
- These massive ceramic pots by Felicity Aylieff are just beautiful.
So, back normal posting tomorrow