Here’s some art news, reviews and misclaneous ramblings from around the world. Let me know if you know of something exciting happening and I might mention it.
- The Guardian says that Vincent van Gogh painted on tea towels when he didn’t have canvas to paint on.
- ArtInfo recently did a series of reports on artists and their assistants. I found it interesting as I have always fantasized about having someone to stretch my canvas and clean my brushes!
- The Art Life blog in Australia looks at art gimmicks and how to get a few minutes of fame.
- Karl at Art and Perception revisits an old post, talking about painting from photographs; is it good or bad to paint from photographs?
- BlogCritics thinks that Fernando Botero‘s Abu Ghraib paintings should hang in the Pentagon Art Collection
- SMH says that an Australian woman will give the Art Gallery of NSW $14 million when she dies. They also say that 70% of bequests to the gallery are from women.
- NZ Herald reports that James Robinson has won the Paramount prize in the Annual Wallace Art Awards in New Zealand, which gives the artist $35,000 and a six month residency in New York.