I haven’t posted much during the past week, so this Monday’s art news round up might be a little longer.. or not. Lets see.
- Coxsoft Art News points to a Banksy self portrait that set a record for the artist (£288,000).
- ArtInfo reports that the Chinese-French artist Huang Yong Ping has been accused of animal cruelty, while the gallery director argued for freedom of expression.
- Dipping into the Blogpond says that Art News Blog is number 61 (changed to 65 now, dammit! lol) on the list of Top 100 blogs in Australia.
- ArtDaily looks at the boom in contemporary Asian art and an upcoming auction at Christies.
- Guardian reports that an old couple were caught trying to offload a fake Egyptian statue to a council.
- ArtNewsOnline asks are you looking at art or the price of art?
- TimesOnline talks about the popularity of Andy Warhol at auction.