I have missed a few posts as I went away for a couple days to get some fresh air, so here’s what has been happening around the world..
- The NY Mag asks, has money riuned Art?!
- Four or Five drunks damaged an important Claude Monet painting at the Musee d’Orsay in Paris.
- WSJ profiles mini collectors that can buy Warhols and Rembrandts with their allowance money. Buying works by Jeff Koons and Jasper Johns wasn’t one of the things I was doing when I was 12 years old.
- ArtInfo interviews the portrait artist Chuck Close.
- The Art Newspaper says that Damien Hirst will have to replace a dead cow and calf after it started leaking, this is after he had to replace a dead shark just last year.
- Haiku for You post – We can see others.. more easily than ourselves.. still, it’s our sight.
- Another article from the Wall Street Journal.. talks about the large number of important paintings being put up for sale.. and bursting bubbles.
- Spencer Tunick is shooting nudes at the Sagamore hotel at Miami Beach today.
- Bloomberg says that Christies and Sotheby’s has guarantees of a billion dollars or promises of minimum prices to sellers for their big upcoming auctions.