I haven’t been posting as much as I should lately, but there has been quite a bit happening around the world..
- I completely missed the passing of R.B. Kitaj. He died on October 21, 2007. Jed Perl remembers Kitaj over at The New Republic.
- BBC reports that a Banksy auction sold ten works and a print by the graffiti artist for £546,000, which is quite a bit more than the £300,000 expected for the sale.
- Charlie Finch attacks some big name art blogs over at ArtNet. In Internet marketing circles, that article would be called Link Bait.
- Kirsty Hall comes up with some great reasons why all artists should have a blog.
- Jafabrit explores her dark side and creates a discussion about light and dark.
- USA Today mentions the Rembrandt-ish looking work that is believed to be by someone other than the Dutch master. It was expected to sell for about $3,000 but sold for about $4.5 million. I guess someone thought it was by Rembrandt!
- NY Times slideshow of images from “The Arts of Kashmir” exhibition.
- The Art Newspaper looks into the world of Aboriginal art in Australia and how the artists are treated by gallery owners.
- PERFORMA 07 is happening in New York.