Here’s what has been happening in the world of art lately..
- Forbes talks about the price of art and finance in general.
- Cordair art gallery has some good step by step painting walk-throughs on their blog. I like seeing how other paintings work, especially if their style is very different to mine.
- ArtDaily mentions an Anselm Kiefer exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW in Sydney. Which is pretty exciting for me as Sydney is just a couple hours drive and Anselm Kiefer is one of my favorite painters! I hope there’s more paintings than there is sculpture.
- CultureInside has an article about investing in art with some tips to get you started.
- Sotheby’s sums up the crazy month of May for contemporary art auctions. Sotheby’s, Christie’s and Phillips de Pury auction houses sold $870,609,080 worth of contemporary art in May!
- A forum post at a marketing forum talks about preparing for an exhibition, and promoting it.
- DPS runs through some handy check points to help with buying a digital camera.
Have a great week!