Here’s what has been happening this week. Remember to let me know if you’re doing something interesting and I might link to you next Monday.
- ABC Australia reports that the Opera House painting by Brett Whiteley sells for $2.8
- Lee Stoetzel is exhibiting things like a wooden VW van and chopper motorcycle.
- Culture Grrl talks about possible human rights abuses of workers in the United Arab
Emirates, where four super museums are being built.
- David Nolan Gallery in New York is showing Georg Baselitz at the moment.
- TheArtNewspaper has an interesting interview with one of my favorite painters (Anselm Kiefer).
- The BBC says that a Dukes of Hazzard car has sold for $10 million on an eBay auction.
- Think you’re a Francis Bacon fan? Try a Francis Bacon quiz at the Guardian.
- Jonathan Jones talks about being influenced by Andy Warhol.
Here’s last week’s art news round up too.