The internet is great for making the world much smaller than it actually is. An artist living in a backward little country town with no art gallery can get his/her work in front of the biggest art dealers in the biggest art capitals of the world.
Anyway, what I’m trying to say is that I plan to post small lists of artists by country that I come across online. I’m starting with Australian artists because I’m biased.. and Australian
Some are more famous than others, but they’re all interesting artists..
- Patricia Piccinini – Contemporary artist making weird little creatures, installations, and prints.
- Anthony White – Stock market investor that became an artist and started painting money.
- Edwin Gardiner – Australian painter influenced by Asian philosophies and Taoism.
- Brett Whiteley – Studio of the late, great Australian painter in Sydney.
- Leith O’Malley – South Australian figurative painter and fellow red wine drinker.
- Ken Done – Sydney artist famous for his bright colorful paintings and prints of Sydney, Australia.
- Caroline Magerl – Contemporary Australian painter and illustrator painting figurative works.
- Hazel Dooney – Fine Australian artist creating mostly figurative paintings.
- Dion Archibald – Me tooting my own horn
I’m sure I will think of some other great Australian artists after I post this, but this is a start. (feel free to add your link in the comments if you’re an Australian artist or know of a good one).