A team of researchers have found some impressive new Buddha art in a cave in Nepal. There are 55 panels depicting the life of Buddha and they date back to around the 12th century.
They were found with the help of a sheep herder from the region. He was taking shelter from the rain several years ago and saw the paintings.
‘Stunning’ Nepal Buddha art find
“The team has refused to divulge the exact location of the caves to prevent the possibility of visitors disturbing the centuries-old art. Mr Coburn said that there were other mounds which may hide further treasures.
He said the artifacts had remained unpillaged partly because the area north of Mount Annapurna has, until recently, been inaccessible.” BBC
Here’s some famous Buddha quotes from the man himself..
- Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.
- Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.
- To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.
- There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
- To utter pleasant words without practicing them, is like a fine flower without fragrance.
- Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.