Here’s a selection of some super-fantastic contemporary artists online. I browse the Internet quite a bit, and am always bookmarking sites in my favorites, so I thought I might share a few. I mostly like figurative, expressionists artists but also like everything from completely abstract works through to tight, detailed illustrative type works.
- Karen Jacobs – Mostly abstract works, with some verging on landscapes. Her works look very textured, especially her encaustics.
- Amy Bennett – These painting have an eerie, surreal feel to them. Really interesting stuff.
- Paul Balmer – I love this guy’s cityscape paintings.
- Leith O’Malley – Cool dude from South Australia and top bloke.
- Matt Sesow – Matt is a very prolific expressionist artist.
- Alberto Sughi – Established Italian painter that works with the figure quite a bit. There’s an interview and profile mentioned here too.
- Mevlut Akyildiz – Quirky Turkish artist that does some interesting work.
- Ben Quilty – Australian artist that does some great car paintings.
- Jesse Reno – Prolific expressionist artist doing some cool stuff.
- Dion Archibald – OK, this is me. But what kind of artist would I be if I didn’t like my own work?
The great thing about the Internet is that you get to discover all kinds of amazing artists from all over the world that you would have never seen if it wasn’t for the web. Artists no longer have to rely solely on the art gallery to establish a presence.