Here’s some news and views from the past week. Send your art news or press releases to me and I might post it.
- John of Iridescent Art News mentioned a hairy rock in Japan, which I think looks like an Andy Warhol wig stuck to a rock.
- BBC reports that David Hockney thinks bigger is better.
- ArtInfo has interviewed the American artist Richard Tuttle.
- ArtDaily mentions the sale of an Edouard Manet for $7.5 million. The naked beauty (Femme nue se coiffant) was sold to an American collector.
- ABC Australia talks about an exhibition of cows.. all cows.
- Robert Genn has packed the video camera with the paint brushes and gone plein air.
- The Age talks about Aboriginal art in Australia, after Emily Kame Kngwarreye breaks the $1 million barrier at auction. This is not only a record for an Australian Aboriginal artist, but also a record price paid for any Australian female artists.
- National Reconciliation Week in Australia. I know it’s not art, but it is important.
- BoingBoing shows a bike sculpture, with lots of bike locks all over it.