What do you think of the new World Trade Center logo? The design firm Landor Associates came up with the new logo as part of a $3.5 million dollar branding package. If I was the owner of the new NYC WTC I would be hoping that I still had $3,499,995 on credit with the design agency because $5 is what I would pay for that thing on one of the popular freelancing websites! To me it looks like a pixelated skull but I’m told the five bars are meant to represent the 5 buildings to be built. Lets see what else can be found in the new WTC logo..
- When I first saw it I thought of a Space Invaders spaceship. I haven’t played that game in sooo long. I’ll have to see if I can find a free version of it online
- The New York Times was talking of a stylized trident, but it could just as easily be a stylized eating fork.
- Three buildings could represent the 3 buildings that fell on September 11. It wasn’t just the 2 tallest buildings to collapse but also the 47 story WTC 7 or building 7 which fell, even though it wasn’t hit by a plane.
- It could also be a ‘W’ which could stand for World Trade Center or even the developers of the project, Westfield.
- See how the buildings get taller from left to right? That’s a 17.76-degree angle which represents the 1,776-foot height of the new WTC building.
- The two downward facing bars could represent the two missing towers that once stood in the location, while the other three could be the new buildings.
- It could be a little guy with long legs, putting his hands in the air. I surrender, don’t shoot!