The Internet isn’t working very well for me today, so I didn’t bother looking for any news of interest. I found some good quotes instead.
- Above all, it is a matter of loving art, not understanding it.
- There’s no retirement for an artist, it’s your way of living so there’s no end to it.
- Painting is a language which cannot be replaced by another language. I don’t know what to say about what I paint, really.
- A sincere artist is not one who makes a faithful attempt to put on to canvas what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something which is, in itself, a living thing.
- O great creator of being grant us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives.
- I just wanted to find out where the boundaries were. I’ve found out there aren’t any. I wanted to be stopped but no one will stop me.
- The method of painting is the natural growth out of a need. I want to express my feelings rather than illustrate them.
- It’s not a matter of painting life, it’s a matter of giving life to painting.
Feel free to add more quotes in the comments. I have collected quotes since I started reading books and never get tired of them. I rarely read a book twice, but I always read through the quotes that I collect.