Entertainer Rolf Harris has been jailed for five years and nine months. He was found guilty earlier this week for 12 counts of indecent assault against 4 girls between the ages of 7 and 19. I predicted he would walk free and serve no prison time, so if you want your fortune told, let me know. The judge said he won’t have to pay compensation to the victims but will have to pay for all the legal costs of the prosecution. The so called elite of society has a lot to answer for!
The BBC published the 12 offenses that Rolf Harris was charged with, along with the sentences (some sentences will be served concurrently)..
- Count 1: Assaulting an autograph-hunter, who was aged seven or eight, in the late 1960s – Nine months
- Count 2: Assaulting a teenage waitress in the 1970s – Six months
- Count 3: Assaulting a childhood friend of Harris’s daughter between the ages of 13 and 19 – 15 months
- Count 4: Same victim as count 3 – 15 months
- Count 5: Same victim as count 3 – 15 months
- Count 6: Same victim as count 3 – 12 months
- Count 7: Same victim as count 3 – 15 months
- Count 8: Same victim as count 3 – 12 months
- Count 9: Same victim as count 3 – 12 months
- Count 10: Assaulting Australian woman Tonya Lee, who was 15, in 1986 – Nine months
- Count 11: Same victim as count 10 – Nine months
- Count 12: Same victim as count 10 – 12 months
See more about the whole slimey Rolf Harris drama at the BBC website here or put a hat on and go for a walk in the sun. I recommend the latter.