Something I enjoy checking on the statistics page for Art News Blog is the search terms that people use to find the site. They’re not the top search terms.. but they do make me wonder..
I’m also surprised by the amount sex related search terms that pop up. For a (mostly) family friendly blog, I sure do get a lot of non-family friendly search terms. Here’s some of the more mild searches.
- “Britney Spears Naked” is a popular one.
- “Tree Drawings” – My guess is that they are looking for drawings of trees rather than by trees.
- “Beheading in Iraq Video” – I now understand why the media is filled with sex, death, scandals, and celebrities. We see so much in the media because so many people want to see it. Good news does not sell newspapers or attract audiences, it’s bad news (and/or sex) that sells.
- “Edvard Monk”, “Edvart Monk”, “Edward Munch”, or even Edvard Munch”.
- “Strange news of naked people” – That’s funny.
- “Kate Moss fully nude” – I probably should dedicate half of this blog to nudity.
- “Emotional still life paintings” – With teapots crying perhaps?
- “Famous penises” – That’s funny too.
- “Damien Hirst cult” – Is anyone here a member?
- “Procrastination as art” – I would be a master of it.
- “UAE sex blog” – It’s funny that the post they would have found was talking about no nudes in the UAE.
- “Shit blog” – I hope I don’t rank well for this search term!
- “birthday suits” – Makes me smile.
Here’s some search terms from last year too.